Table of Contents
1. Crucial Pre-Appointment Meeting Instructions
2. Special Message for Existing Clients
3. How to Get Both Premium and Tax Savings
4. Why Have an Agent
You never pay extra premium to utilize Tom Russell’s 20 years of health insurance expertise. We are compensated by the insurance company if we find a plan that’s right for you.
If for some reason you cannot keep the appointment time set, please call and let us know so the time slot can be reserved for someone else. We are glad to reschedule.
1. Crucial Pre-Appointment Meeting Instructions – Please Read if you have an Affordable Care Act appointment scheduled with Tom
Note: If you feel you might qualify to receive a Federal Income Based Subsidy to lower your premium, we will need to use the healthcare.gov official website, and Tom is certified to assist you personally with this online process. If you feel you make too much to qualify for a subsidy, we can avoid using www.healthcare.gov and work straight through insurance companies.
IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR AN INCOME BASED SUBSIDY: When you come for your appointment with Tom, be sure to bring a cell phone where you can access your email, OR have an email address you can access at Tom’s office (google, yahoo, hotmail, etc). The reason is that we must create an account at www.healthcare.gov and as part of the account creation process, the system sends an email that you have to confirm before we can proceed. If you can access email in Tom’s office, there’s no need to do anything else for now, other than know the social security numbers of any adult or child to be insured. If you cannot access email in Tom’s office, see the account creation instructions (in red) below.
Here is a quick link to see if you may qualify for a premium subsidy based on household income. Anything less than 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (based on Modified Adjusted Gross Income HOUSEHOLD Income) could qualify you for a subsidy, and the less your household income the greater the subsidy amount. If your income is under 133% of FPL, based on household size, you will need to opt for MediCAID. But you do have important options. Call the local hospital for Medicaid Enrollment assistance at: (928) 472-1271. If you’ve already booked an appointment with Tom and fall into this income category, please call and let us know so the appointment time can be reserved for someone else. Thank you.
Account Creation Instructions: If you cannot access email in Tom’s office, you must create an account at www.healthcare.gov. Failure to do so will mean we cannot proceed.
1. Go to www.healthcare.gov Click Here.
2. Go to Log In upper right
3. Go to “Don’t yet have an account” upper right
4. Choose State, then click on “Apply Now”
5. Create a user name and password. Answer a few security questions.
6. The system then sends you an email. Click on the link inside the email to CONFIRM the account.
7. You can stop right there after confirming the email. Best not to go foward. Tom can help you from there.
8. Bring your user name and password to the meeting. Be careful. It’s case sensitive.
We’re independent health insurance brokers, serving the Rim Country for 20 years. We represent over 35 insurance companies, including Blue Cross of Arizona, Healthnet, Humana, Assurant, United Healthcare and Aetna. Working through us makes it much easier to understand the pros and cons of different plans. There is never a fee to meet with us and explore your options.
2. Special Message for Existing Clients:
1. Watch the mail for communications from your insurance company.
2. Unless your letter states otherwise, if you do nothing your health insurance plan will automatically renew for 2015.
3. If you qualified for a Federal Income Based Premium Tax Credit Subsidy, if you do nothing your subsidy will automatically renew for 2015. However, if your income has significantly changed from 2014 to 2015 (up or down), it is recommended to “reconfirm — recertify” your subsidy. We can help. Just call. 474.1233. But again, if things are about the same income wise, just do nothing and both your current health plan and Federal Subsidy will automatically renew.
Note: If your income has changed and you do venture online alone to “reconfirm – rectify” your subsidy, please enter my agent/broker information below, or I cannot advise you or legally assist with claims/administration, since I would no longer be your agent of record.
3. Tom’s Agent Numbers
If at any time you’re asked online or by telephone “Is someone helping you?” choose agent/broker and add my information:
* First and Last Name: Tommy (skip middle initial space) Russell
* (Skip organization line)
* Lower Left is FFM User ID: TOMMYRUSSELL (all caps, no spaces)
* Lower right is (NPN #): 6730740
How to Get Both Premium and Tax Savings
Has anyone explained the power and benefits to you of Health Savings Accounts? Perhaps a traditional Co-Pay plan will work best, but we want you to be aware of the premium and tax savings of the HSA option. More Info Here.
Why have an Agent? Your premium is the same, with or without an agent. Agents and brokers do much more than sell health insurance. They explain critical differences in plan options and coverage, which may involve substantial research and fact-finding about the client’s needs. They advocate on behalf of their clients, helping people when they have trouble getting procedures approved or claims processed. They also review coverage on a periodic basis, suggesting changes when appropriate and counseling on ways to reduce costs. The healthcare system is complex, and coverage does not begin and end with enrollment. Consumers benefit from the expertise that brokers and agents provide in servicing the plan throughout the year.