Note: Insurance brokers Tom Russell and Tom Russell & Associates, Inc are NOT licensed to offer tax advice.
TAX FORMS FOR THOSE ENROLLED IN A MARKETPLACE METAL PLAN
The Health Insurance Marketplace will mail Form 1095-A to eligible individuals by Jan. 31, 2016. If covered under different metal-level health plans purchased through the Marketplace during the year, individuals will receive more than one Form 1095-A. Individuals who do not receive Form 1095-A, or receive a form with incorrect information, should call the Federal government’s Health Insurance Marketplace at 1 (800) 318-2596. Agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Those looking for additional information are directed to one of the following:
The Health Insurance Marketplace:
- Visit Healthcare.gov/taxes
- Call 1 (800) 318-2596 [TTY: 1 (855) 889-4325]. Agents are available 24/7.
- Instructions for Form 1095-A are available at IRS.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1095a.pdf
- Instructions for Form 8962 (the tax form individuals fill out using information on Form 1095-A) are available at IRS.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8962.pdf
- A tax professional or accountant
Note: Tom Russell and Tom Russell & Associates, Inc are NOT licensed to offer tax advice.